I originally made this piece as a card for Emily. Attached was typography that read “Emily Is a Hairy Beast”. Although it is far from the truth, it is still fun to call her that when she gets a little armpit stubble.
PS: Love you Emily.
Merry Christmas Brother Cody! You will be receiving this gift very shortly but in the meantime, here is a little preview. Because I put zero effort into wrapping it, I thought I would attach a festive holiday message. With just an ink pen and some simple computer paper I created for you the most beautifully wrapped gift under our tree.
Here it is nestled under our aforementioned, gaudy, overly trimmed tree.
Happy Holidays all!
Recently Emily approached me with the photo seen above and asked if there was anything I could do to correct it. The photo is of her father Nick Fedorenko (number 76) during his days playing for Notre Dame in the early/mid 70’s.
I know the color correction is obvious, but the photos above are not large enough to show all the detailed damage I had to fix. So trust me when I say that I sunk some hours in this one. I also had to turn it around really fast because he planned to take it to show his friends at the Irish’s last home game this year.
Overall it isn’t my best photo restoration. But given the timeline and the level of difficulty, I am pretty proud.
Also it is currently signed by him and hanging in Mulligan’s, an awesome bar and grill in South Bend.
And that wraps up the second half of my 2 part promise.
Last Thursday Emily and I took a trip down to Circleville, Ohio for it’s annual Pumpkin Show. Afterward, we got around to enjoying some Here is a slideshow of our adventure
Well here it is. As you may remember I have been trying to get this piece on the wall for over a year. Now I am proud to say I’ve done it.
It took a lot of effort and a little luck, but I finally found a way to frame it. All I had to do was custom build a shadowbox (sarcasm). My awesome Mom picked up this beautiful frame at a garage sale for a buck or so. I cleaned it up, painted it a sort of metallic raw umber, attached additional structure to the back for hanging purposes, and devised a way to fit the print inside a customized acrylic frame with depth, which then mounted to the back of the larger frame with hinges. Then I found a stud to hang this frankenstein on. Now it finally has a home on our wall, right above the TV.
Special thanks to my brother Collin for going to town with the Dremel tool.